“Gary who? Conversion what?”
Some background info on who I am, what I do, and how I got here
If you’ve made it this far, you know that I’m Gary, a conversion rate specialist and growth marketer for DTC ecommerce businesses. However, here are some facts that you may not know:
– I’ve lived in three states and spent time in five countries since 2015 (hence the “Nomad” in Core Nomad)
– I’m driven by continuous improvement when it comes to my personal business and my clients’ ventures
– I’ve helped 50+ small and midsized businesses enhance their online presence and accomplish their goals (more on this below)
My industry qualifications include a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Distribution and an Entrepreneurship Certificate from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
I spend my free time reading on the beach and hanging out with my wife (and fellow entrepreneur), Carrie.
As a Conversion Rate Specialist, my job is simple – use my knowledge and scientific research to help you make more money through your ecommerce website.
For those who don’t know, conversion rate optimization (CRO) is defined as increasing a website’s ability to turn visitors into paying customers through in-depth research, data analysis, and website modifications.
But I don’t stop at telling you how your website needs to improve – I go one step further and test my proposed site changes to prove that they’ll generate more revenue for your ecommerce business.
To be clear, I’m not just some amateur who rolls in and performs a couple of web design “magic tricks” to improve your site’s performance. My framework is entirely based on the scientific method, and I rely on real customer feedback to direct the changes I propose, test, and implement.
If your website/business model isn’t jamming just yet, I also offer ground-up web design, digital advertising, and email marketing services.
A timeline on how I got my start in the ecommerce and marketing world.
– Built and launched my first ecommerce website, Gizroam, where I sold crowdfunded products. Operated this business for around 6 months until I was pushed out of the market by none other than Amazon.
– Started working in the ecommerce department at O’Neal Steel, a multi-billion dollar steel distributor. Spent my time executing on ecommerce, marketing, and analytics projects for the management team.
– Took on the role of Ecommerce Manager at Icebox Coffee, a local iced coffee startup. Focused on building out a comprehensive ecommerce strategy, implementing data-driven decision making, and managing marketing campaigns.
– Began working as the Digital Marketing Coordinator at Quality Mill Supply, a multi-million dollar industrial distributor. Spent 4 months taking over and leading a previously-stagnant ecommerce initiative in the company.
– Opened Torchform, a small business web design and marketing agency. Began building websites, managing online marketing campaigns, and providing in-depth training and strategy for small business owners.
– Launched the long-awaited ecommerce website for Quality Mill Supply, taking on the role of Ecommerce & Marketing Manager. Focused on gathering customer feedback, building/training a team, and revamping marketing strategy.
– Turned my focus at Quality Mill Supply to bringing customers onto the ecommerce platform and growing site traffic. Accomplished 24x site traffic growth, 100x pageview growth, and 7x year-over-year online sales growth.
– Launched Core Nomad, a lean conversion rate optimization agency for SMBs. Started using the my web design, ecommerce, and marketing experience to help DTC ecommerce businesses scale profitably.
Let’s talk about your business
Look, I’m not a huge agency with dozens of project managers and enormous fees. I’m one marketing expert with a diverse skill set, and I’ll personally implement and manage every solution you see on this site.
I take pride in going beyond a service provider and becoming a partner in your business. I’ll put my blood, sweat, and tears into making your business a success. And most importantly, I’ll actually deliver the results you’re expecting.
If you’re interested in talking through your challenges, I’d sincerely love to hear from you.